Friday, November 17, 2017

Book Review No. 50 - The Witching Hour by Silver RavenWolf

Book review #50 on the site, how exciting! I've been feeling a little more witchy than usual, although I still have no energy. I'm lucky to spend a few minutes of meditation beneath a moon. Here is to new things on the horizon though, as this is a good time of the year for reflection and introspection.

I've never read one of Silver RavenWolf's books before, although she is a well-known new age writer. I really didn't know what to expect when reading "The Witching Hour", but I approached it with an open mind and I am glad I did. 
 

First I enjoyed the little illustrations in the book. Sometimes just look at a pretty book can make your day better, well at least mine anyway. This book is about conjuring your own power, your own "Witching Hour" and using it as see fit. The introduction has some really good information on what is "Magick", how can it be found, and how can you harness it. Now, there are as probably as many definitions of magick as there are practitioners, but she makes some really interesting points. 

Like many of these types of books there are techniques to try and meditations. There is also a chapter on the tools and supplies you will need in your practice. Some spellwork, and new insights into things you may normally overlook. I've not tried anything in the book yet, except a few of the simple exercises in the beginning of the book, but it full of a lot of great info.

I am really glad I read this book. Although it is aimed at the beginner practitioner, I think its a great refresher for someone more seasoned, or someone to get back to their roots and what really drives their practice. 

Until next time,
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment